The Responsible Development Committee (RDC) works with government, member companies, and stakeholders to encourage effective and balanced policy, effective and efficient regulation, and good alignment between the two. The committee has expertise in: regional planning, resource regulation, caribou, water, air emissions, and data.
Committee Leader: Tom Grabowski, Silvacom Group
2016 Committee Update
- Provides formal representation for ACR on external bodies: e.g. Alberta Water Council. Alberta Data Partnerships, Clean Air Strategic Alliance.
- Provides subject matter expert representation for ACR on specific consultations with government (e.g. regional planning, caribou, regulatory enhancement, water).
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with key representatives from government and regulatory agencies to enable clear and effective communication in both directions.
- Provides feedback to formal and informal government consultations about resource development in Alberta.
- Hosted a meeting with senior representatives from the Alberta government. Information was exchanged describing the progress of key policy and regulatory initiatives as well as where ACR can be of assistance. Several follow up meeting have been held (with more being schedules) to pursue specific opportunities.
- RDC volunteers represent ACR at numerous external meetings. They gather and synthesize information and communicate back to the RDC at monthly phone meetings and then to the ACR board. RDC members have also provided expert commentary and feedback as requested by various Alberta government departments and the Alberta Energy Regulator.