The committee facilitates and promotes appropriate numbers and skills in Alberta's workforce. Specifically in the wake of changes to the Temporary Foreign Worker Program, the committee is working with provincial and federal government representatives to ensure interprovincial mobility, and access to temporary foreign workers, if necessary to ensure timely response to spikes in workload caused by unplanned outages of production facilities.
Committee Leader: Neil Tidsbury, CLR-A
2016 Committee Update
- Working to define "emergencies" that will require extra staffing measures.
- Scoping out required steps for staffing to address emergencies.
- Committee representatives have met with their provincial and federal government counterparts to scope out policy changes that will be required.
- Resulting measures are being tested.
- Efforts have focused on regaining the attention of provincial and federal government representatives to restore the momentum that had been achieved before the 2015 elections.